Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Fountainhead Bookstore Book-Signing

I want to thank Valerie Wellbourn from the lovely Fountainhead Bookstore on Main Street in downtown Hendersonville, NC. I had a book-signing on June 18th during The Antique Show on Main Street. It was a beautiful day as I arrived at the bookstore around 2:00. I made The Mediterrean Orzo Salad(which is posted on the previous blog post) and Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies from the cookbook for everyone to have bites of.
The day seemed to be going along nicely. My sister, Nancy had stopped by and we were selling and signing books. All seem as planned.
Then we stared hearing rumors that a terrible storm was coming from Asheville. Vendors started packing up. It seemed as it might pass and then the sky fell out. The antiques were drenched, along with the vendors. It rained hard with bolts of lightning and thunder clapping all around us. People were running everywhere for cover. This went on for about an hour or so.
Finally, the rain stopped. The remaining wet vendors started to pack up. There was not a person on the street. I watched from the window wondering when to pack up. It was close to 5:00 by then. At this point, Valerie and I decided to call it a day. The sun was coming out as I packed up my car. I said good-by to Valerie and went on my way home.
I guess the moral of the story is...you never know how your day will end up, but whatever happens you need to learn to go with the flow.

Pictures to follow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment